On March 25, 2018, Epcot will host a “Purple Day.” Purple Day is the “largest epilepsy awareness initiative” in the world. What better place to recognize this initiative than at the World Showcase at Epcot.
The Anita Kauffman Foundation and the Epilepsy Association of Central Florida are working together to sponsor a a day for families to get together and share their stories and support for epilepsy awareness.
The day will star off with breakfast at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and will end with lighting Spaceship Earth, at Epcot, purple.
Here is the schedule of events:
“9:30 am :Meet everyone at the Contemporary Resort’s Fantasia J – Q Ballroom for…
- • Continental Breakfast; An Epcot® Globe Cake Replica- 9:30 am – 11:30 am
• Guest Check-In and t-shirt/gift package pickup – 9:30 – 11:30 am
• Photo Opportunity with our very own “Purple Day® Princess Cassidy Megan (Purple Day Founder) – 9:30 am -noon
• Photo Opportunity with Mickey and Minnie: 10:30 am – 11:30 am
• Special Entertainment Program – 9:30 am – 10:30 am
- 12:00 Noon until Dusk enjoy your day at the park. At dusk gather around Spaceship Earth (Sunset is estimated to be 7:40 pm on 3/25/18)”
Pricing is as Follows:
“Optional Ticket Pricing:
After 2 pm ticket is reduced $84.
After 5 pm ticket is reduced to $59.
There will be free option for guests who would like to just be present for the Spaceship Earth lighting, A Disney guide will escort guests to Spaceship Earth”
“Partial day tickets are available and there will be a discount for multi-day tickets. If in need, ask us about scholarship opportunities for persons with epilepsy and their families.”
They ask that those wishing to attend register and wear purple. More information can be found HERE at PurpleEveryday.org.
This is an amazing idea. My siblings and I all were epileptic when we were children. Luckily, we grew out of it by the time we were 12 or 13, but not everyone is so lucky. If you would like to donate money to help with financial assistance for families to attend you can do so by going HERE.
Wanna go to Disney?
We recommend Academy Travel, a Disney Platinum Earmarked agency. Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Universal Orlando Resort and more -- they can do it all, and at no extra cost to you! Fill out the form below or call 609-978-0740 today!