The fan-favorite “Paint the Night” parade at Disney California Adventure park is currently dazzling audiences during the limited-time Pixar Fest at the Disneyland Resort. This electrifying parade uses more than 1 million brilliant lights, high-energy music and cutting edge special effects featuring many beloved Disney and Pixar pals.
Joining “Paint the Night” on June 23 is a new float inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2.” The Parr family and their pal Frozone will make their debut in this spectacular parade with high-tech, pop-art effects.
Here’s how the fun and excitement of “The Incredibles” will be brought to life:
- The dynamic and colorful new float connects both “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2,” picking up where the first film left off and portraying the scene that shows the Parr family banding together against the supervillain known as “The Underminer.”
- Violet Parr uses her super powers to surround herself with a “force field.” It will come to life through a custom-built persistence-of-vision (POV) globe – the first and largest ever to be installed on a Disney parade float.
- Dash’s super-human speed is captured through an innovative system of 64 individually lit frames, flashing as he races in circles around the float.
- Mr. Incredible and Mrs. Incredible, along with their pal Frozone, light up the night in new super suits. The suits have been installed and wired by hand and are fully programmable to be in sync with the music and the float lighting.
- The super suits, designed by eccentric fashion designer Edna Mode, are illuminated with nearly 100 sheets of flexible, miniature LEDs. This is the first time these light-up suits will be worn by any Disney or Pixar character.
- The chest logos on the Incredibles’ glowing super suits are made up of 60 individually programmable LEDs.
This super float joins “Paint the Night” this summer during Pixar Fest, the limited-time celebration happening now through September 3. Pixar Pier will also welcome guests at Disney California Adventure park on June 23.
Be sure to catch “Incredibles 2” in theaters this Friday, June 15!
This content was originally published on on the Disney Parks Blog. The Kingdom Insider takes no responsibility for errors in syndicated content.
Wanna go to Disney?
We recommend Academy Travel, a Disney Platinum Earmarked agency. Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Universal Orlando Resort and more -- they can do it all, and at no extra cost to you! Fill out the form below or call 609-978-0740 today!