To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Space Mountain, Disneyland is debuting a new retro lounge in Tomorrowland.
The Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge Experience will feature a unique view of Tomorrowland, and give guests an “interstellar snack box” full of desserts.
From the press release…
The new Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge Experience features retro décor and desserts—both sweet and savory, as well as both hot and cold non-alcoholic beverages. The lounge area will be open to Guests from 8-10 p.m. If a fireworks spectacular is scheduled, [park Guests] will be able to catch a glimpse right from their seat.
Here’s what you can expect for desserts…
- Mickey Cloud Cake: Cream-filled sponge cake
- Chocolate Eclipse: Cream-filled chocolate cake drenched in chocolate
- Coconut Comet: Coconut-strawberry iced sponge cake filled with cream
- Planetary Pie: Mini cherry-filled pie
- Moon Rocks: Boursin herbed cheese, cream cheese, shredded cheddar and jack cheese, chives, pimentos, bacon
This sounds very similar to the fireworks dessert parties that are currently held in Walt Disney World’s Tomorrowland.
The lounge costs $45 per person for ages 3 and up, and you may book through a Disney travel agent or by calling calling 714-781-DINE.
The Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge Experience opens on May 26, 2017.
Speaking of Space Mountain…
Last month it was announced that the original Space Mountain would return to Disneyland this summer. Space Mountain has been re-themed as Star Wars’ “Hyperspace Mountain” since 2015. It’s unclear if the classic attraction will remain past the 40th anniversary or not.