The latest rumor involves the possibility of a Haunted Mansion themed restaurant coming to the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
Now, I put a little more stock in this particular rumor given the source. User WDW1974 on the WDW Magic Forums has proven to be a pretty reliable “insider” over the years, and this one comes from him/her/them.
From the forum thread…
And before Tom Amity* decides to break news that was broken here a long time ago, let me again spell out that a new Haunted Mansion eating venue/experience is coming to the MK, despite the mixed reviews of the Skipper Canteen.
Given the popularity of The Haunted Mansion, I completely believe this could be a thing. In fact, my wife and I always joke that eating in the West Wing of Be Our Guest is pretty close to what a Haunted Mansion restaurant would probably be.
My question is — where would it be located? Would it be a new building, or would they re-theme an existing dining location? If we’re talking about a re-theme, I say it’s time to throw Columbia Harbour House overboard. It’s right across the street, and it’s pretty mediocre.
Some other quick rumors and updates from WDW1974…
- Pandora is pretty much done and soft openings could happen any day. (Or media previews.)
- “Frozen Land” is pretty much a done deal for Hong Kong, despite not having the financials figured out. It won’t have a clone of the Maelstrom, rather two new attractions.
- Disney World’s Club 33 will just be a series of upscale bars, not quite the VIP experience it is in Disneyland.
- That Star Wars hotel rumor? It might be far, far away.
- Moana Volcano Coaster? NOT HAPPENING. (You’re welcome!)
As the talented Mr. Ripley used to say, you’re free to believe it or… or not.
Should any of these rumors turn out to be true, The Kingdom Insider (and the entirety of the Disney blogosphere) will be there to tell you so.
Stay tuned, foolish mortals…
(“Tom Amity,” I believe, is the codename for Tom Corless of WDW News Today. Apparently he’s not well-liked over on WDW Magic, though I didn’t follow the drama.)
[Hat Tip: Orlando Weekly]
Wanna go to Disney?
We recommend Mickey Vacations by Academy Travel, a Disney Platinum Earmarked agency. Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Universal Orlando Resort and more -- they can do it all, and at no extra cost to you! CLICK HERE for a FREE no obligation quote or call 609-978-0740 today!