August 19 is World Photo Day. To honor the occasion Disney is making it World Photopass Day at the Walt Disney World Resort, with extra special photo opportunities. Princesses will also share the spotlight in conjunction with their Dream Big, Princess campaign. My daughter loves this new campaign.
The Disney Parks Blog shared the following information the special photo opportunities:
Check out all of the special opportunities that are planned in each of the four theme parks and Disney Springs on August 19:
Entertainment and photo opportunities are subject to change. Some locations could be affected by inclement weather.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Meeko joins Pocahontas at Character Landing on Discovery Island
- Timon joins Rafiki at Rafiki’s Planet Watch
- Princess Atta joins Flik at Discovery Island near Creature Comforts
- Dream Big Princess photo backdrop before the park entrance (daylight hours only)
- Jungle Book Magic Shot near Yak & Yeti Restaurant
- Visit the PhotoPass photographer in DinoLand U.S.A. from 9-10 p.m. to have magical Mickey light effects added to your photo
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Queen from “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” Maleficent, and Cruella de Vil will meet with guests at Sunset Showcase. This opportunity will be available from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Dream Big Princess photo backdrop outside the Theater of the Stars (daylight hours only)
- Poison Apple Magic Shot on Sunset Boulevard
- Fisheye lens in the Chinese Theatre Courtyard area
- Genie will join Princess Jasmine in the Morocco Pavilion
- Mushu will join Mulan in the China Pavilion
Magic Kingdom Park
- Dopey joins Snow White at Town Square Courtyard
- Captain Hook joins Peter Pan in Fantasyland
- Dream Big Princess photo backdrop in Fantasyland (daylight hours only)
- Cinderella’s Coach in Fantasyland
- “Tangled” light painting photo opportunity near Ariel’s Grotto (available after dark)
- Mickey Mouse Magic Shot on the bridge near Fairytale Garden
- Main Street Vehicle near the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor (available in the morning and early afternoon)
- Dream Big Princess photo backdrop next to the Marketplace Stage
- Fairy Wings Magic Shot from the PhotoPass photographer roaming around the Marketplace near Tren-D (available from 1-10:30 p.m.)
- You can also visit the Disney PhotoPass Studio at Disney Springs to enjoy special $99.95 plus shipping pricing on a Personalized Storybook now through August 20!
You can add a one day Memory Maker for $59.00 in your My Disney Experience App. The Memory Maker is a very nice addition to your Disney experience. Those are the people that you see wearing the vests and holding cameras at the parks. They will take you photo at a character meet and greet or at various locations and then scan your magic band. You can also scan your bands to the ride photos and keep them. It’s something to consider for your next Disney trip.
What do you think about the new one day photo and character opportunities? Comment below and let us know!