Beginning April 14, the Force will be even stronger in Walt Disney World. That’s when the new Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticketed event begins in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, just in time to coincide with Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017 — a celebration of the 40th anniversary of Star Wars.
Galactic Nights seems to be similar to other after hours ticketed events, such as Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, but with a Star Wars theme. Beyond there being extra Star Wars events and characters roaming the park, guests are encouraged to come in costume, another similarity with MNSSHP (costume guidelines can be found here.)
In addition to several popular rides and attractions staying open for the event, Galactic Nights offers the following, according to the Disney Parks Blog…
- Rebel Base Activities – The Rebel Base will serve as the event hub with multiple events, hosted shows, Star Wars dance parties and more taking place in the center of the park.
- Watch “Inside the Saga: Celebrity Chat Show” – Catch a celebrity chat show in Epic Theater to learn more about the making of Star Wars films.
- Can’t miss Star Wars photo ops – Don your Star Wars finest (see costume guidelines here) and enjoy iconic Star Wars backdrops, including Han Solo cast in carbonite, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace, the Hoth Wampa Cave and more.
- Galactic Nights Stars in Cars Motorcade – This procession will welcome in Star Wars celebrities down Hollywood Blvd.
- Imperial March & March of the First Order – Get your cameras ready for the arrival of the dark side. Darth Vader will lead a battalion of stormtroopers on a dramatic march down Hollywood Blvd to the Event Stage. Captain Phasma will also lead a unit of First Order stormtroopers through the park, pausing to give a demonstration of power and strength.
- Seize the Saga Interactive Scavenger Hunt – Event Guests are challenged to collect Star Wars themed pieces at the photo backdrops throughout the park, revealing a surprise when all items have been collected.
- “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” – Watch high-energy clips of the best moments from the film saga juxtaposed with character moments on stage, featuring Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and more.
- “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” – The skies will come alive with the power of the Force, as the park’s popular Star Wars-themed nighttime spectacular lights up the night.
With photo ops and a parade, it really sounds as if Star Wars: Galactic Nights is a rebranded Star Wars Weekends, but now as a ticketed event. I’m not sure how many park guests will feel about that, but given that Star Wars looms large in Hollywood Studios 24/7, having Star Wars characters in the park isn’t as special as it used to be. So maybe the solution is even more unique Star Wars experiences for the diehards.
What do you think? Does Star Wars: Galactic Nights sound like it’s worth the price of admission? The tickets are a bit pricier than MNSSHP, but for Star Wars diehards, having the chance to catch some of your favorite Star Wars celebrities in person and have more time in the park after hours might be well worth it. Especially when paired up with Celebration.
Comment in the forums let us know what you think!
Wanna go to Disney?
We recommend Mickey Vacations by Academy Travel, a Disney Platinum Earmarked agency. Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Universal Orlando Resort and more -- they can do it all, and at no extra cost to you! CLICK HERE for a FREE no obligation quote
or call 609-978-0740 today!