Jackie and Ryan attended the media event where the creators of this new adventure gave a sneak peek into what guests can expect on their two-night stay on the Halcyon starcruiser. One of the highlights of this two-day and two-night adventure is the dining. We all know Disney knows how to create an immersive experience, but what the Imagineers and Chefs have done onboard is the Halcyon is pure magic. They have taken dining to a whole new level with their food and drink offerings. Night one is about super bold flavors, lots of colors, beautiful plates, and lots of texture. Night two is a taste around the galaxy!
Breakfast is buffet-style. You can mix and match so many fantastic food items such as a Starcruiser waffle, roasted pork sausage, rolled egg omelet, potato roastee with sous vide egg, and rolled candy bacon on top. The Chef said the kale porridge with worms is one of his favorites: a vibrant green kale polenta cake base that is topped with sausage gravy, maitake mushrooms, and strips of scrambled eggs cut to resemble the worms. The Chefs onboard are constantly making and baking freshly baked buns, berry-filled croissants, and whipping up fresh blue milk butter (yum!). There’s also blue milk yogurt with crunchy granola and fresh berries.
One thing to note is that breakfast and lunch items are different every day, so you will always have different items and new things to try! Lunch is also buffet-style, and you will have options such as burrata salad, flatbreads, glazed ribs, baked fish that is super fragrant and flavorful with quinoa and chickpeas, kale, and so much more! Of course, they have out-of-this-world desserts for you to finish off your meal, such as the galaxy brownie.
Night one is a dinner show (An Evening with Gaya) with shareable foods for dinner. It’s a three-course meal, and here is what you can expect to see from the menu:
The Bento Experience
- A variety of Pan-seared spiral dumplings: Tip Yip Chicken, Bantha Beef, and Flora Vegetables.
- Four different interplanetary sauces: Kaadu Cream (sweet and creamy), Melahnese Curry (yogurt dip), Batuu Spice (spicy aromatic), Barbecue-style (Cochujang-laced sauce)
- Flora Noodle Salade: Spiraled vegetable salad with a miso vinaigrette.
- Bantha Beef Tenderloin: Tamarind-glazed with Crushed Moon-Rock Potatoes
- Stewed Shrimp with Lemon Gress, Lobster Cream, and Coconut-Lime Foam
- Tip Yip Chicken: Menkooro Bourban-glazed with Red Peppers and Sesame Seeds
- Surabat Spiced Flora: Vegetables with Harissa spice
- Green Herbed Fluffy Rice with puffed rice crisp.
- Dessert: Jogan Fruit and Caramel Whip with Yuzu, Passionfruit, and Cardelia Jelly.
Here is what the menu looks like for Younglings 9 and younger:
- Flora Green Salad
- Flora Rice Paper Rolls
- Grilled Tip Yip Chicken Swords
- Chedd-Cheesy Beef Spiral Dumplings
- Fried Tip Yip Chicken Chunks
- Cheese Pizza
- Steamed Green Beans
- Buttered Noodles
- Steamed Carrot Spirals
- Fruit Cup
- Crispy Sliced Waffle Fries
- Jogan Fruit and Caramel Whip
- Fruit Salad
- Warm Cookies and White Milk
Night two is “A Taste Around the Galaxy.” It’s a four-course meal with some really delectable menu items and gorgeous plate presentations!
Mustafarian Spreads and Breads: Assorted breads with Pima-Cheese, Dried Redfruit Spread, Apricot Relish, Roasted Chando Dip
Iced Felucian Shrimp Cocktail with Redball Jungle Cocktail Sauce, Picked Mushrooms, and Ocean Weed (sounds very strange but absolutely delicious and has been a big hit with many!).
- Braised Bantha Beef-Shortrib with Rich Fig Fruit Demi-glace, Tuber-Turmeric Puree, Nightshade Flora
- Seared Kashyyyk Whitefish with Greenpod Puree, Jekka Seed, Cornseed Relish, and Yellowfruit Buttercream.
- Available upon request: Tip Yip Chicken
Chandrilan Air Cake with chocolate, Cream of Jogan Fruit, Terateak Fruit Jelly
Whether for adults or younglings, all plates stay true to the Star Wars stories, and the presentations are stunning, colorful, and delicious! For all meals, plant-based selections are available upon request. The Halcyon starcruiser provides consultations with a Chef or Crew Member trained in special diets for any special dietary or allergy-friendly requests.
The food isn’t the only part of dining onboard that’s exciting! The beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, were thoughtfully put together, and most have planetary inspiration. Most drinks are available at both Sublight Lounge and Crown of Corellia. Here are some of the drinks that were presented to Jackie and Ryan.
- Hoth Ice-Breaker: Vodka, lemon, citrus, vanilla-lemon foam (most familiar to a Lemondrop). This drink is inspired by the cold and icy planet, Hoth.
- Mark of the Huntress- Bourban, notes of black currant, stone fruit, and sparkling bubbles topped off with dehydrated pineapple. This strong but enjoyable drink draws inspiration from a strong and fierce female mercenary.
- Muja Twist: A delicious non-alcoholic beverage and is one that has such a fun backstory. The drink features watermelon, herbal garden tea mix, mint, and sparkling bubbles. The food and beverage team shared that the Muja fruit is beloved across the galaxy. To pick a Muja fruit, you have to grab it, pull it, twist, and immediately let go because the fruit has prongs that come, and you don’t want your hands on it; hence the name, Muja Twist!
- Blue Milk Citrus Fizz: Bantha blue milk, lemon, lime, leechee, and bubbles and topped with blue milk sorbet.
- Podchaser-Bourban, a little bit of sweetness around the edges and an orange (similar to an old-fashioned). This is a celebratory drink for pod racers before and after races.
These were just a handful of examples presented at the media event, and the drink menu has so many more fun options you won’t know where to start! The menus onboard the Halcyon starcruiser are beyond anything we could have ever expected, and you will have to see it and taste it all in person to believe it!
Are You Ready to Book Your Next Vacation Today?
Be sure to call your Academy Travel agent today for more information and help with booking your next vacation! Because here at The Kingdom Insider, we have plenty of resources for you, just a click away! We have an incredible team of dedicated Disney experts and Travel Planners at Academy Travel. They are ready to help you plan out every detail of your vacation, so you don’t have to worry! Call Your Travel Agent to Book, find a travel agent here, or visit AcademyTravel.com