The new Disneyland passes, now called the Magic Key, is finally here Insiders! I am so excited to finally be a Passholder again and have access to Disney magic now more than ever before! If you are questioning whether or not to become a pass holder, we’ve gathered all the details on these exciting perks and opportunities, so you know exactly what world of wonder will be unlocked if you become a Magic Key holder!
- You will receive a Magic Key Holder Welcome Package and become a charter member if you purchase a pass within the first 66 days (this year rings in 66 years of Disneyland park)! These guests will receive a special welcome package that will include unique items such as a premium branded pin, celebratory button, magnet, and more.
2. You know the Starcade in Tomorrowland that’s been closed down for a long time? If you become a Magic Key Holder you will get special access to the Starcade that’s been revamped especially for you! You will have access to the Starcade from September 1 – October 30, 2021, from 12-6 p.m. and you can enjoy:
- Special space with phone charging stations
- Fun Magic Key photo opportunities
- Close-up look at Magic Key-themed items available around the Disneyland Resort
- And, occasionally, you may even see a surprise appearance by Mickey or Minnie
3. When you become a Magic Key holder, you will also now have access to the Magic Key Terrace (formerly known as the Legacy Passholder Terrace) over at Disney’s California Adventure! I’ve been absolutely dying to have access to this Terrace for years as the food and drink menu looks amazing, plus there is an epic view of the park from the Terrace!
4. You know when you walk around Disneyland and then you get a get a whiff of that special buttery popcorn and you can’t resist? As a Magic Key holder you can add an extra splash of style and fun to your popcorn with an all-new popcorn bucket exclusive to the program! Check out this FIRST LOOK at the new Magic Key popcorn buckets that will be available for Magic Key holders in the coming weeks! Once they arrive at Disneyland Resort, Magic Key holders will be able to purchase these popcorn buckets throughout both parks (while supplies last). The Magic Key holder popcorn bucket will be $11 with refills for $1.50 through November 10, 2021.
5. Just for Magic Key holders, enjoy a special complimentary Mr. Toad-themed Disney PhotoPass Magic Shot and digital download, now through October 30, 2021. Check the Magic Key portal on the Disneyland app for details.
6. You will definitely want to get the Magic Key embroidery! Special options are available for Magic Key holders to purchase at select locations in the parks. How cute is this magic key embroidery on the classic Mickey hats?!
7. Check out the all-new Magic Key portal on the Disneyland app to more deeply engage directly with our community of Magic Key holders! Find relevant news, an overview of benefits, custom content, special offers, and more.
As you can see there are so many great perks to becoming a Magic Key holder, and I’m sure there will be plenty more merchandise and events that will be announced in the future! A Magic Key Holder celebration month will also be announced soon, and we absolutely can not wait to see what the celebration month will have in store!
Want more information about Disneyland or becoming a Magic Key holder? Visit our partner travel agency Academy Travel!
Leave a Reply