If you are a D23 member, the D23 x Walt Disney Imagineering Magical Milestones is one event you won’t want to miss! D23 announced this virtual event today and it will run March 10-26.
The official event on the D23 website reads:
Each event will feature a grand gathering of Imagineers who will take us on a journey spanning everything from the park origins and history, to beautiful artwork and storytelling, to plenty of behind-the-scenes stories that will let us meet some of the fascinating people that bring our favorite places to life.
“California, here we come,” because the first of these magical milestones we will be celebrating is the 20th Anniversary of Disney California Adventure Park at the Disneyland Resort. Hosted by Academy Award®-nominated director Leslie Iwerks, our journey will begin with President of Walt Disney Imagineering, Bob Weis, going back to the very beginning of the park’s origins as Disneyland’s humble parking lot through opening day and the park’s earliest additions.
Next, hear the inside story on the epic reimagining of the park, including exciting additions such as World of Color, Buena Vista Street, Cars Land, Pixar Pier, all the wonderful entertainment and festivals, and Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
Looking to the future, we’ve assembled some of the creative team behind one of the most eagerly awaited land expansions to the park, Avengers Campus, to give us a peak behind the curtain at the highly anticipated land, and inside the exciting new attraction WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure.
Yes Insiders, you read that last part correctly!! You will get a “peak behind the curtain” of the highly anticipated Avengers Campus at Disney’s California Adventure!
The creative talent from Walt Disney Imagineering will include:
- Steven Davison, Executive Parades & Spectaculars
- Scot Drake, Portfolio Creative Executive
- Tom Fitzgerald, Portfolio Creative Executive
- Roger Gould, Creative Director of Franchise Management and Parks Integration for Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Lynne Itamura, Executive Interior Design
- Jeanette Lomboy, Site Portfolio Executive for the Disneyland Resort
- Kathy Mangum, Retired Imagineering Executive
- John Mauro, Portfolio Producer
- Jeff Shaver-Moskowitz, Executive Producer
- Tracey Noce, Concept Design Director
- Kevin Rafferty, Executive Creative Director
- Brent Strong, Executive Creative Director
- Steve Spiegel, Executive Story Editor
- Susana Tubert, Creative Director of Live Entertainment at the Disneyland Resort
- Bob Weis, President of Walt Disney Imagineering
- Claire Weiss, Creative Director
Now that’s a whole lot of talent and you will not want to miss out on what each of these creative individuals has to present! These Imagineers will even be be giving a peek inside exciting additions such as World of Color, Buena Vista Street, Cars Land, Pixar Pier, all the wonderful entertainment and festivals, and Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
D23 Gold Members will receive a complimentary access code to view! If you are a D23 General Member you can can purchase your access code for $10 (plus $1.50 processing fee). If you are interested in getting your access code, you can click here.
If you are not yet a D23 member and would like to become one, click here. There have been so many awesome D23 events over the years and you won’t want to miss this one!