If you are a D23 member, it’s time to get excited about Destination D23, presented by Lug! If you’re not a member (become a D23 Gold Member for the opportunity to purchase tickets when they go on sale on March 14 at 10 a.m. PT!) and you’re wondering what this event is all about, it’s a time when all of us Disney fanatics can gather in space together to appreciate exhibitions, panels, merchandise, news, and other announcements. This year, Destination D23 will occur from Friday, September 8 through Sunday, September 10, at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. This year’s event is extra special because the Walt Disney Company is celebrating 100 years!
The last 100 years have been filled with hope, innovation, and magic that has all been made possible by YOU, the ultimate Disney fans. Those in attendance will be able to celebrate beloved moments and memories with behind-the-scenes stories and special guests and performances. Get a sneak peek at the company’s boundless future, be among the first to access exclusive shopping opportunities, and experience plenty of surprises at this fan-favorite event!
Presentation Highlights of Destination D23 will include*:
- See Disney archivists, historians, Imagineers, Cast Members, Disney Legends, and luminaries in two days of programming worthy of the first century of Disney—and beyond!
- Join Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro as he hosts a fun and entertaining presentation about what makes a Disney experience so magical and memorable for guests and fans around the world.
- Dial the clock back to 1923 and learn about Walt and Roy Disney’s Journey to California and the earliest days of The Walt Disney Company—from the Disney Brothers Studio to the Alice Comedies, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, and how everyone’s favorite mouse became a superstar!
- Get weird with the Walt Disney Archives and experience 100 years of “Weird Disney” moments in the Centennial edition of a Destination D23 fan-favorite!
- Journey through Disney’s history of optimism and innovation with the people that are part of a rich history of storytellers and inventors, beginning with Walt Disney’s relentless optimism and innovative spirit and leading us to some of the bright minds who are shaping Disney’s boundless future.
- Go down the rabbit hole to discover the “Disney you didn’t know” as the Walt Disney Archives uncovers some of the most astonishing Disney discoveries, connections, and little-known facts that will change everything—or at least some things—you thought you knew about the Disney universe.
Plus, more presenters, presentations, and activities to be announced soon!
Exciting Experiences at Destination D23 will include*:
- A special exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives and Walt Disney Imagineering celebrating 100 years of Disney.
- Mickey’s of Glendale—the Walt Disney Imagineering campus store returns with a pop-up shop at the event featuring a selection of exclusive Destination D23 and Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise available for purchase. Trading pins for this event will be offered to attendees through a RSP opportunity.**
- The Walt Disney Company Store—for the first time, D23 Gold Members on the East Coast will have access to a pop-up version of the official Walt Disney Company Store, featuring both employee and D23 member-exclusive merchandise! Please note that limited-edition trading pins for this event will be offered to attendees exclusively through a RSP opportunity.**
- Ink & Paint Marketplace—attendees will also have the opportunity to shop at this marketplace of exclusive Disney partners for exciting products from around The Walt Disney Company!**
**For the convenience of event guests, you will be offered the opportunity to reserve a shopping window for Mickey’s of Glendale, The Walt Disney Company Store, and Ink & Paint Marketplace, on Friday, September 8. Details will be shared via email closer to the event.
All guests will receive access to the following D23-exclusive experiences:
- Guaranteed seats at all Destination D23 panels and presentations on Saturday, September 9, and Sunday, September 10, 2023
- D23 member-exclusive Mickey’s of Glendale pop-up shop
- D23 member-exclusive The Walt Disney Company Store pop-up shop
- D23 member-exclusive Ink & Paint Marketplace
- A special exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives
- Commemorative gifts, including a pin, lanyard, credential, and gift bag created exclusively for the event
In addition, a limited number of preferred seating tickets will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. These tickets will include a dedicated queue for a reserved seating area at the front of the ballroom. General admission is $324, and Preferred admission is $549 (all tickets also have a $7 processing fee). Children under three (3) years of age receive complimentary admission to Destination D23. Tickets go on sale on Tuesday, March 14, 2023, at 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET.
- D23 Gold Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest for either regular or preferred seating. D23 Gold Members will be required to log in with their D23 Gold Membership when reserving tickets.
- Each ticket must have a unique individual assigned to the ticket, and no duplicate names can be used at the time of purchase.
Are you ready to book your Disney vacation? Leave all the details to our friends at Academy Travel Agency & let one of their Disney experts take it from here! Just click here to select your Disney destination of choice, fill out the quick & easy questionnaire, and your personalized, free agent will be in touch soon! Take a look around our website in the meantime, and read all about resorts, cruises, dining, entertainment & more! Be sure to follow us @thekingdominsider on Instagram & The Kingdom Insider on Facebook for updates & Insider info on what’s not to be missed! Get excited, the countdown to your vacation is ON!
Leave a Reply