Disney+ will be streaming an all new series this month you will not want to miss this one. Go get the popcorn and snacks ready because this series will be streaming July 21!
Behind The Attraction is a brilliantly created series that is bringing to life the attractions we have come to love when visiting the Disney Parks around the globe. These famous Disney Parks attractions we know have a rich history and a story to tell, this series brings you all of that and more.
The 10 episodes each feature a unique experience and look into how the imagineers have perfectly crafted the attraction. Many of you have probably watched the “Imagineering Story” which featured a look into the making and creation of the Disney Parks while this series focuses on the unique history of the attractions. Walt Disney had a vision of bringing fantasy to life and having guests enter a world where you could have a child-like experience as an adult. We have been able to experience this when visiting the parks for more than 65 years and now those stories are being told through a different lens.
“We went away a little bit from the history and the protocols of building these attractions and just really went for these fun nuggets that either helped build the pop culture that we live in now or a part of what’s coming that is allowing Disney to continue to have such a big voice in the culture.”
The unique experience with a series like this is that you can walk away after watching an episode feeling entertained as well as learning something unique about Disney. Who does not love to learn about the culture and history of Disney?
When the idea came about from Brian he had a vision and that vision was to entertain and have viewers step inside Disney, lift the current and allow viewers inside behind the scenes right from the comfort of their own home, these attracts have stories to tell and he is going to take you along on the journey as they are telling it.
“When that attraction’s being built, they’re moving cables and wires and plumbing all throughout that area for attractions that will not be built possibly for 15 to 20 years. And that’s what that was the moment where I’m like, got it. OK, that’s how I have to look at this show.” Brian Volk Weiss
The show features some returning familiar faces like Joe Rohde as well as some new who we will get to know throughout the season.
Joe Rohde who is a well beloved Imagineer and well loved by The Walt Disney Company. Recently Rohde retired after 40 years of distinguished work however, he played a huge role in so many attraction stories and will be featured throughout a few episodes to showcase his wealth of Disney knowledge and share his overall creative experience within his projects that have been unique masterpieces.
Kim Irvine is the executive creative director of Walt Disney Imagineering and she has been a key role within the creative team for years by maintaining the constant care of Walt Disney’s Disneyland Park. Irvine will also be featuring on a few episodes to talk about her award winning outstanding achievements from the themed entertainment association, she will share her role within the creative aspect of the attractions and how they have inspired her.
There are quite a few other talented Imagineers that will be featured throughout the show and have the opportunity to talk about their projects, creative inspiration and so much more. These talented minds are what have helped keep the Disney magic alive all of these years and they will continue to bring the magic each and every year that follows.
“Behind the Attraction” begins streaming on Wednesday, July 21, on Disney+ with five episodes at launch, and five additional episodes coming to service later this year.
The following episodes will be available on Disney+ on Wednesday, July 21:
- Jungle Cruise: Join a skipper for the story behind Jungle Cruise, and try to spot the backside of water! When Walt decided to create the original immersive attraction, he tasked Imagineers with building a river AND the mechanical animals to populate it.
- Haunted Mansion: Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion — enter if you dare! When Walt Disney developed the attraction, he didn’t specify if it should be funny or scary, and so it became a perfect blend of both.
- Star Tours: Lightspeed to Endor! A long time ago…Disney created Star Tours, a thrilling simulator attraction that takes guests to a galaxy far, far away. It inspired Imagineers to build a whole new land — Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Discover the ups (and downs!) of creating this gravity-defying attraction set in the eerie world of Rod Serling’s renowned “Twilight Zone” television series. Then hold on tight as Imagineers reimagine the Disney California Adventure Park version as Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Space Mountain: You’re about to hear the story of Space Mountain in T-minus 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…launch! Walt’s vision of an attraction that simulates space travel was a design challenge Imagineer John Hench tackled head on, creating a signature structure in Disney Parks around the world.
“Behind the Attraction” is executive produced by Dwayne Johnson (“Jungle Cruise”), Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia, Brian Gewirtz and Kevin Hill from Seven Bucks Productions, and Brian Volk-Weiss (“The Toys That Made Us”), Robin Henry and Cisco Henson from The Nacelle Company. Brian Volk-Weiss directs the series.