At last week’s CinemaCon in Las Vegas, Disney unveiled its full slate of movies through the end of 2019.
Few — if any — of the listings were surprising, as all of these projects have previously been announced. However, it does drive home just how jam packed Disney’s motion picture slate is.
Disney’s movie slate seems built almost entirely of Marvel, Star Wars, animation, and live-action remakes of classic animated films.
The only outlier is the occasional film based on a book — Artemis Fowl. A Wrinkle in Time had a less than stellar box office debut, so it will be interesting to see if Artemis Fowl can hold its own against Disney’s other releases.
- Avengers: Infinity War — April 27, 2018
- Solo: A Star Wars Story — May 25, 2018
- Incredibles 2 — June 15, 2018
- Ant-Man and the Wasp — July 6, 2018
- Christopher Robin — Aug. 3, 2018
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms — Nov. 2, 2018
- Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet — Nov. 21, 2018
- Mary Poppins Returns — Dec. 25, 2018
- Captain Marvel — March 9, 2019
- Dumbo — March 29, 2019
- Penguins — April 19, 2019
- Avengers Untitled (Avengers 4) — May 3, 2019
- Aladdin — May 24, 2019
- Toy Story 4 — June 21, 2019
- The Lion King — July 2019
- Artemis Fowl — Aug. 19, 2019
- Frozen 2 — Nov. 27, 2019
- Star Wars Episode IX — Dec. 19, 2019
The Impending Disney-Fox Merger was felt at CinemaCon
The upcoming Disney-Fox merger was also felt at CinemaCon, with Fox reflecting back on its rich history of film-making.
“We put our chips on vision,” Fox film chief Stacey Snider said during an emotional series of remarks to exhibitors.
“We’ve been making movies and memories for nearly 85 years,” she said. “We took chances, pushed boundaries, and forged the future of the film business… Going forward, let’s stay committed to the vision of cinema. Let’s wear our hearts on our sleeves and aim to please.”
It’s possible that Disney could use the Fox brand for riskier films that fall outside of its current tentpole strategy.
Want to go on vacation?
We recommend Academy Travel, a Disney Diamond Earmarked agency. Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Universal Orlando Resort, Sea World and more -- they can do it all, and at no extra cost to you! Fill out the form below or call 609-978-0740 today!