Last week Adventures by Disney announced their new Egyptian Adventure. Now take a look at what you can expect.
What should you expect when you travel to Egypt with Adventures by Disney?
“Expect pyramids, pharaohs and private tours.
Expect history, hieroglyphics and hands-on immersion.
Expect recreation, relaxation and renowned Disney service.
Expect monuments, majesty and — dare I say it? — magic! ”
Ok…you had me at Egypt!
The itinerary gives you a combination of ancient mysteries, modern luxuries and Disney storytelling. Something else I really love, it’s completely hassle-free? The Adventure Guides handle all the details so you can just enjoy your amazing experience!
Here’s a Look!
This is the description from the Disney Parks Blog:
Iconic Adventures in Cairo (Day 1-4)
Accommodations: The gorgeous Nile Ritz-Carlton hotel in Cairo is your home for the first three nights of this trip. The hotel features Nile River views and lavish accommodations fit for a pharaoh.
What to Expect: You’ll spend the two full days completely immersed in the allure of Egyptian history, culture and cuisine. Think privately guided tours, amazing local entertainment, delicious meals and free time to explore on your own. A world-class Egyptologist will join you for many excursions, sharing the captivating stories of the monuments and landmarks around you.
- A tour of Old Cairo, including the Mosque of Muhammad Ali, built in honor of the Ottoman ruler’s eldest son, and the Saladin Citadel of Cairo, a medieval fort and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- A journey to Giza, home of the famous pyramids and the Sphinx, where you can stand in awe of these legendary landmarks and enjoy complimentary access to the Great Pyramid’s Grand Gallery and King’s Chamber. You’ll also see the Khufu solar boat, a preserved, full-sized vessel that was discovered in a sealed pit at the foot of the Great Pyramid of Giza.
- A privately guided tour of the Grand Egyptian Museum, a brand-new facility dedicated to preserving the past 7,000 years of Egyptian history, including a viewing of the spectacular King Tutankhamun collection, where our young (and young-at-heart!) Adventurers can join an interactive King Tut-themed art detective game.
- A visit to Khan el-Khalili, a major souk, or marketplace. Aside from the myriad of merchandise and souvenirs, you’ll find a bevy of old cafes, one of which dates back to 1797!
Unforgettable Nile River Cruise (Days 4-7)
Accommodations: Aboard the M/S Tulip, you’ll find deluxe staterooms with French balconies, three dining venues, a sundeck swimming pool and a fitness center complete with sauna, hot tub and massage room!
What to Expect – Onboard: Get ready for themed games, entertainment and activities, such as traditional henna hand tattoos and a chef-led Egyptian cooking class. One evening, Junior Adventurers will enjoy a private, kid-friendly dinner while adults indulge on their own, while the next day offers the chance for guests young and old to try their hand at writing in hieroglyphs.
What to Expect – In Port: Along the Nile River, you’ll visit fascinating temples dedicated to the gods and rulers of Ancient Egypt, including the Temple of Isis at Philae, Kom Ombo Temple, the Temple of Edfu and Luxor Temple.
Bonus! Pre- and Post-Cruise Adventures:
- From Cairo, you’ll make a quick stop in Abu Simbel to tour the massive rock temples located on Lake Nasser. Known as the “Nubian Monuments,” the complex contains twin temples carved out of the mountainside in 13th century B.C. as monuments to the Pharaoh Ramesses II and Queen Nefertari.
- Next stop is Aswan, where — before you board the M/S Tulip — you’ll set sail aboard a felucca (traditional wooden sailing boat) toward Elephantine Island and the First Cataract of the Nile, a shallow length of the river where a series of massive, elephant-shaped boulders jut out of the river bed.
- After disembarking the M/S Tulip, an Egyptologist will lead you on a tour through the world’s largest ancient religious site at Karnak Temple as they share stories of the decaying temples, massive pillars, avenues of sphinxes and towering 97-foot tall obelisk that make up the complex. Then you’ll explore the Valley of the Kings, where 63 tombs have been discovered. Adventures by Disney guests even get complimentary access into King Tutankhamun’s tomb!
Seaside Bliss in Sharm el-Sheikh (Days 7-9)
Accommodations: On the shore of the Red Sea, the magnificent Coral Sea Imperial Sensatori Resort in Sharm el-Sheikh is a world-class resort with an amazing array of amenities, activities for all ages, stunning pools and a luxurious spa.
What to Expect: Adventures by Disney guests have the unique opportunity to experience a Red Sea beach vacation as part of an Egypt itinerary – the perfect way to end this action-packed trip. You’ll now enjoy a sun-soaked, indulgent retreat that offers a refreshing blend of fun in the sun and relaxation, where group activities are balanced by plenty of free time to sit poolside or embark on your own adventures.
- A private Bedouin-themed dinner and beach party embodies the warm ambience and hospitable nature of the local Bedouin nomads in a magical seaside setting under a sky full of stars.
- A guided snorkeling excursion like only Adventures by Disney can do! You’ll board a private yacht and head to the famous coral reefs of the Red Sea for up-close encounters with the tropical fish.
Departure: On Day 9, you’ll return to Cairo for one final night, including a farewell dinner with fellow Adventurers, where you can reminisce on the incredible memories made during this amazing adventure!
Okay, this is amazing! I would love to do this. How about you?
The new Egypt experience will be part of the Adventures by Disney 2020 itineraries and can be booked starting on May 16, 2019.
Source: Disney Parks Blog
This content was originally published on on the Disney Parks Blog. The Kingdom Insider takes no responsibility for errors in syndicated content.
Want to go on vacation?
We recommend Academy Travel, a Disney Diamond Earmarked agency. Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Universal Orlando Resort, Sea World and more -- they can do it all, and at no extra cost to you! Fill out the form below or call 609-978-0740 today!