Walt Disney World denied the rumored changes to The Enchanted Tiki Room today that would allegedly see the birds ousted for Moana.
In a Disney Parks Blog post entitled “A little birdie told us…“ Disney officially debunked the rumor. But they also used the post to throw some shade at unofficial Disney news websites that report on rumors — calling them “unscrupulous sources.”
This is the second time in a month that Disney has used an official channel to debunk a rumor out of control, the first being to shoot down the theory that The Seas and The Land pavilions would soon be torn down.
Here’s the Disney Parks Blog post in its entirely…
A little birdie told us there are some rumors flying around about our beloved Tiki birds at Walt Disney World Resort. We’re sorry that our fans are being fed incorrect information by unscrupulous sources. While “toucan” play at that game, we deal in facts here at the Disney Parks Blog. Although we won’t address every rumor, we want to set the record straight: there are no plans for our feathered friends to fly the coop any time soon. We’re constantly evolving our stories, but these birds will continue entertaining our guests at the Magic Kingdom Park just as they have done since 1971.
If you want to put a feather in your own cap, here are the top five things to know and share with your friends about Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room:
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room is home to 88 singing birds, and over 225 choreographed Audio-Animatronic performers in total.
- Walt Disney was inspired to pursue the concept of singing birds after seeing a little mechanical bird on a trip to New Orleans.
- The Tiki Room was originally envisioned as a restaurant with a show, but eventually became the classic attraction that we know today.
- A version of the attraction exists at Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and Tokyo Disneyland.
- While the Walt Disney World Resort attraction has gone through some changes over the years, it continues to delight thousands of Guests each day!
When it comes to Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, “we’ve been a hit and we know you adore us, so come on and join us for another chorus!” Be sure to come back to the Disney Parks Blog for trusted and official news about Disney Parks!
The featured image was a reminder to follow the Parks Blog for official news.
This content was originally published on on the Disney Parks Blog. The Kingdom Insider takes no responsibility for errors in syndicated content.
Wanna go to Disney?
We recommend Academy Travel, a Disney Diamond Earmarked agency. Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Universal Orlando Resort, Sea World and more -- they can do it all, and at no extra cost to you! Fill out the form below or call 609-978-0740 today!