The reopening of Disneyland is almost upon us and I can’t be the only one counting down the days to April 30! The Disney Parks Blog released a “Know Before You Go” guide today and we have collected the most important information here for you!
- April 9: If you currently hold a theme park ticket, you can check available days for your 1-day ticket type beginning April 9 on Disneyland.com/ParksUpdates.
- April 12: The theme park reservation system will open no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 12 and guests who already have valid theme park tickets may begin making park reservations.
- April 15: Theme park ticket sales will resume no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 15, and guests without park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making park reservations.
In order to enter Disneyland and California Adventure, you will have to have both a theme park reservation and a valid ticket for your reserved day. To accommodate as many types of ticket holders as possible, park reservations for select dates may be made available on a rolling basis. Ticket calendars will be updated on a rolling basis. You will want to check for updated availability.
Guests with Park Hopper tickets may choose, pending availability, which theme park to start their day, when making their theme park reservations, and then will be able to visit the other park beginning at 1 p.m. that day. Guests with multi-day tickets will be required to make a separate park reservation for each day they plan to visit the theme parks.
Important reminder: Only California residents may visit Disneyland and California Adventure and in groups no larger than 3 households!
The 4 Steps to Making a Theme Park Reservation
- Once you have valid theme park admission, you will then need to access the theme park reservation system.
- Create your party
- Select the day and the theme park you’d like to visit
- Review and confirm!
It is important to note that having a reservation for the Grand Californian Hotel (open starting April 29) does not guarantee a theme park admission! Tip: If you plan to visit the theme parks during your stay, get your theme park reservation prior to making your hotel reservation.
The Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals parking structures, located off Disneyland Drive will be open for parking.
Both Disneyland and California Adventure will be open daily upon reopening from 9am to 7pm. Hours are subject to change so you will want to check before you go!
Disney FASTPASS and Maxpass
FASTPASS and Maxpass services are suspended at this time. Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour offerings will be suspended upon reopening until they can manage capacity.
Dining reservations will open up for select locations on April 22, with limited capacity. You will want to make dining reservation and use the mobile ordering service for food on the Disneyland app for a contactless and cashless experience. You will be able to book your dining reservation 60 days in advance.
Here is a full list of dining locations that will be open:
- Bengal Barbecue
- Café Orleans
- French Market Restaurant
- Galactic Grill
- Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
- Ice Cream Carts
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Café
- Little Red Wagon
- Market House
- Milk Stand
- Mint Julep Bar
- Plaza Inn
- Red Rose Taverne
- River Belle Terrace
- Ronto Roasters
- Ship to Shore Marketplace
- Stage Door Café
- The Tropical Hideaway
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats
- Angry Dogs
- Award Wieners
- Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
- Cozy Cone Motel – Cones 1-3 (Churros, Ice Cream, Cone-coctions)
- Cappuccino Cart
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
- Flo’s V8 Cafe
- Ghirardelli® Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
- Hollywood Lounge
- Ice Cream Carts
- Lamplight Lounge
- Pacific Wharf Distribution Co.
- Poultry Palace
- Rita’s Baja Blenders
- Señor Buzz Churros
- Smokejumpers Grill
- Sonoma Terrace
- Studio Catering Co.
You can read the full “Know Before You Go” article from the Disney Parks Blog here for more information!
Here at the Kingdom Insider we have plenty of resources for you just a click away! We have an incredible team of dedicated Disney experts and Travel Planners at Academy Travel who are ready to help you plan out every detail of your vacation so you don’t have to worry!