Here’s what we know about today’s task force meeting at 2:00 pm EST;
- Universal Orlando will present its plans to reopen, today at 2:00 pm EST. This makes them the first of Florida’s big theme parks to unveil their plan.
- Some have speculated that Disney isn’t presenting first because they’re waiting to see what Universal has to say. It’s been confirmed that, although Disney is certainly interested in Universal’s plan, they have been extremely busy working on a plan of their own. They’re focusing less on Universal, and almost entirely on Shanghai’s operations.
- Universal Orlando’s presentation will include its safety protocols and proposed opening date. The Mayor of Orange County stated it will take 24-48 hours to review the plan before sending it to Governor DeSantis.
- As per Disney- They are not submitting a plan to the Orange County task force yet, and they do not have a date in mind, as to when they would submit. It could be within days, a week, or several weeks.
- A Disney executive told the Governor and Vice President that they are considering opening their pars at 20-30% capacity.
- Sea World stated in yesterday’s roundtable that they would like to open sometime in June, but need at least two weeks to get everything in order to re-open. They’ve been testing their attractions with guests wearing face masks, but have not offered up any information as to a potential date of when they will submit their plans.
- Local news stations are speculating that if Sea World were to open in June, that Universal would most likely want to open in June too. Considering it’s almost June 1st, it will most likely be the last two weeks in June for potential re-openings.
You can watch the Orange County task force meeting, live on ocfl.net.
Want to go on vacation?
We recommend Academy Travel, a Disney Diamond Earmarked agency. Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Universal Orlando Resort, Sea World and more -- they can do it all, and at no extra cost to you! Fill out the form below or call 609-978-0740 today!