Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs is debuting special holiday cocktails for the winter season. Beverage Manager Diana Ly is the mind behind these cocktails, and is sharing what makes them special as well as how they are developed! Check out the full details of these incredible cocktails below, available now through Dec. 31.
Q&A with Diana Ly, Beverage Manager at Morimoto Asia Disney Springs
Tell us about how these cocktails came together and how you chose ingredients for them.
At Morimoto Asia, we always ensure we are up to date with trending cocktails and seasonal flavors, and make sure to use a variety of spirits when crafting a cocktail menu. We also take a deep dive into our garnishes, as the look is just as important as taste. Ingredients and flavor profiles are carefully thought out with a lot of research and development. Cocktails are tasted, revised, and finalized for over a month before we release our perfect concoctions.
Which of this year’s holiday cocktails is your personal favorite and why?
My personal favorite cocktail is Forever Young. This cocktail is a riff on a negroni. I love the bittersweet notes at the end.
How do you come up with creative names for the beverages?
- Yokai – Yokai is the Japanese word for ghosts, demons, monsters, shapeshifters, tricksters, and other kinds of supernatural beings and mysterious phenomena.
- Kyuri and Spicy – Kyuri means cucumber in Japanese. We infused Espolon tequila in cucumber for 24-48 hours. This gives the cocktail its light and refreshing taste, with hints of cucumber. The spice comes from the liqueur and jalapenos.
- Toji Moon – In Japan, the winter solstice is known as tōji, during which it is customary to take a yuzu-infused bath. It is the shortest day and the longest night of the year, which is why we used edible glitter stars for a garnish.
- After Midnight – This cocktail is made with Courvoisier VS which is made in France. This is to twist on Midnight in Paris.
- Forever Young – This cocktail is fully barrel-aged for 2 weeks. This gives it the perfect young hint of oak to round out the flavor.
Why should guests visit Morimoto Asia this holiday season?
At Morimoto Asia, we take pride in everything we do – from our atmosphere, food, service, and of course, our cocktails. Our seasonal cocktails have a range of flavor profiles. Whether you are looking for something sweet, bitter, savory, earthy, spirit-forward or refreshing, you can find it here.
Are you ready to book your Disney vacation? Leave all the details to our friends at Academy Travel Agency & let one of their Disney experts take it from here! Just click here to select your Disney destination of choice, fill out the quick & easy questionnaire, and your personalized, free agent will be in touch soon! Take a look around our website in the meantime, and read all about resorts, cruises, dining, entertainment & more! Be sure to follow us @thekingdominsider on Instagram & The Kingdom Insider on Facebook for updates & Insider info on what’s not to be missed! Get excited, the countdown to your vacation is ON!