The chase is on… and guests won’t just watch the action unfold – they will feel it. The Bourne Stuntacularcombines the use of incredible storytelling, extreme stunts, ground-breaking technology – including high-tech, automated traveling props and an immense LED screen – as well as captivating practical effects, to fully immerse guests in the world of Jason Bourne – making it impossible to discern where the live action ends and the cinema begins.
The Bourne Stuntacular is now in technical rehearsal at Universal Studios Florida. During this time, the all-new stunt show will be available to guests on a limited, unscheduled basis as the finishing touches are put on the experience before it officially opens.
The health and safety of our guests and team members will always be our top priority. To ensure proper social distancing, we are implementing new procedures in our indoor theaters, including appropriate spacing between travel parties and assisting our guests with seating and exiting the theater to avoid congestion. These procedures mean that our show capacity will be limited and wait times may be longer than usual to experience the show. We are also increasing our already-aggressive cleaning procedures and will be sanitizing high-touch surfaces between each show. All guests are also required to wear a face covering while experiencing The Bourne Stuntacular.
Inspired by Universal Pictures’ mega-popular Bourne film franchise and developed in partnership with the filmmakers, The Bourne Stuntacular delivers an all-new, original storyline that takes place within the Bourne universe.
“It was so rewarding to work closely with the Universal Orlando team to create an experience that is authentic to the Bourne films,” said Frank Marshall, Producer of the Bourne franchise. “After watching the show several times and providing the team with creative input, I can truly say The Bourne Stuntacular not only stays true to the essence of the films, but also delivers next-level action that will make guests feel like they are by Jason Bourne’s side.”
Upon entering the attraction, guests are surrounded by images, clips and actual props from the films, including the car from the iconic chase scene in “The Bourne Identity,” and Jason’s go-to form of transportation in “The Bourne Ultimatum” – his motorcycle. After heading into mission headquarters, guests will be briefed by Nicky Parsons (Julia Stiles), Bourne’s main confidant in the films, who needs help ensuring he is not being fooled by rogue double agents. Then, as guests enter the theater, they’ll join the character of Jason Bourne as he travels across three continents and the cities of Tangier, Washington, D.C. and Dubai, to uncover classified information all while trying to evade danger and capture at every turn.
The Bourne Stuntacular features some of the most advanced technology of its kind, including automated vehicle tracking systems, pinpoint-accurate projection mapping and more. Technology pushes the boundaries by way of:
- An immense LED screen measuring 3,640-square feet at 130-feet wide and 28-feet tall
- Advanced projection mapping working seamlessly alongside the cinema of the show, projecting pin-point accurate images on top of moving scenes
- One of the largest structures ever created for a Universal show – a lift sitting beneath the stage measuring nearly 20 feet wide. Capable of lifting and rotating two vehicles 280-degrees, the lift raises and lowers vehicles independently from seven feet beneath the stage to above stage level
Next-Level, Live-Action Stunts
Live entertainment during The Bourne Stuntacular is taken to the next-level with extreme stunts executed by some of Hollywood’s leading stunt experts working in tandem with automated traveling scenery and cinema.
- The principal stunt trainers have doubled for A-list celebrities in some of the most popular action films and TV shows of all time and have worked closely with the cast to deliver stunts that rival what can be seen on the big screen
- The performers and technicians have trained and rehearsed for more than eight months to prepare and learn the intricate technical systems and maneuvers
- There are two high free-falls in the show – one reaching 22 feet from atop a Dubai apartment building
- There is as much action behind-the-curtain as there is on stage. Performers interact with high-tech props beneath the stage on lifts, stage right and left on automated traveling scenery, and from overhead on a helicopter, a wrecking ball, ladders and more
Captivating Practical Effects
Practical effects and the use of fire, smoke, and wind even further immerse guests – allowing them to feel like they are in the middle of the action.
- Eight moving set pieces range from a three-wheeled motorcycle, a tower in a Tangier marketplace and the front entrance of a grand mansion
Guests can feel gusts of wind from a helicopter overhead, the blast of a steam boiler, several explosions, flames reaching 20 feet high and more!
To celebrate the opening of The Bourne Stuntacular, Universal Orlando will debut a virtual sneak peek of the show on June 29. The sneak peek will feature special guests from the Bourne film franchise, a behind-the-scenes look at what it took to bring the show to life, as well as a preview of the action-packed stunt show itself. Guests can tune into the Universal Orlando YouTube Channel at 7:00 p.m. EST to get a first look at The Bourne Stuntacular and follow along on Universal Orlando’s Twitter and Instagram for exclusive highlights.