We have a new Kingdom Kitchen recipe to share with our Insiders today! If you’ve ever been to Disney Parks, chances are you have enjoyed a very popular fan favorite snack known as the Mickey Pretzel! Mickey Pretzels have been appearing in Disney Parks for almost a decade now, and needless to say, they are here to stay! They’re enjoyed by countless guests each day, even vegan and plant-based dining guests! We’ve seen so many variations over the years, like the Simba pretzel found in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, to the Sweet Cream Cheese filled Mickey Pretzel at Magic Kingdom, and of course the traditional picture below! Over the years, we’ve seen a variety of dipping sauces as well, but the traditional cheese sauce is what you’ll find served daily in the parks. The original Mickey Pretzel, available year-round, sells for around $7.00 but we have a way to recreate this snack in your very own kitchen for much less.
Where can you find Mickey Pretzels, or a variation of them, in Walt Disney World Resort? Below are some spots that have been known to offer the infamous snack, but full disclaimer, the list is always changing! With the phased reopening of Walt Disney World Resort, expect some dining spots to be unavailable. You can double check availability on the Disney Dining website. Can you think of any spots that didn’t make the list?
Gaston’s Tavern, Fantasyland
Liberty Square Market, Liberty Square
Prince Eric’s Village Market
Snack Carts near Main Street USA and Cinderella’s Castle
The Lunching Pad, Tomorrowland
The Land Cart
Block and Hans, America Pavilion
Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe, Norway Pavilion
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Baseline Tap House
Pixar Place, Neighborhood Bakery / Market
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Harambe Fruit Market
Wetzel’s Pretzels Kiosks
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar
In addition to the edible snack, you’ll find souvenirs and memorabilia honoring this Disney Parks favorite, like to-go snacks, plush pretzels, key chains, t-shirts, and even toys for your Disney-loving pet!
Many recipes for Mickey Pretzels call for yeast and a longer list of other ingredients. In this #KingdomKitchen Recipe, we’ll be using a VERY short list of ingredients you likely already have at home, so you can spend less time preparing, and more time enjoying your tasty Mickey Pretzel! I used Greek yogurt in this recipe to contribute more protein than your typical pretzels, making this a filling snack on it’s own!
Check out the recipe below and don’t forget to use #KingdomKitchen to share your creations with us online!
Kingdom Kitchen Mickey Pretzel Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups low fat plain Greek yogurt
1 egg, beaten
For optional toppings
*Cheese Sauce (see note below)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix. Add in yogurt making sure to mix until ingredients form a batter.
- Remove from bowl and knead the dough with clean hands for 1-2 minutes until it is dry and elastic – adding a sprinkle or more of flour as needed if it is too sticky.
- Dived ball of dough into six small, equally portioned balls. Roll one ball into a long rope. Create the Mickey face circle by crossing each end of dough over one another. Circle in ends of dough on each side on top of the main circle to form two smaller circles or ears as show in picture. Repeat process with each ball of dough. Lay each one on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Beat one egg in a small bowl and brush egg wash over the tops of each pretzel. Sprinkle with coarse salt or cinnamon sugar, if desired. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Serve while warm or storm in air tight container.
1 tablespoon unsalted stick butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
½ cup 1-2% milk
4 ounces extra sharp reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded or grated
A pinch of salt
- On the stove over medium heat, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add in the flour and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Next, pour in the milk and whisk until smooth. Reduce heat to medium low to simmer. Continue to stir for 2-3 minutes until mixture is thick.
- Remove from heat and add in shredded cheese with a pinch of salt. Continue to stir until well-combined and serve immediately.
Looking for more DIY Disney recipes from our Kingdom Kitchen Series? Check out the links below! This Disney-loving Dietitian is always coming up with tasty and better-for-you ways to bring the magic of Disney Parks into your kitchen at home. Share your TKI Disney-Inspired recipe creations on our Facebook page or leave a comment below! Which is your favorite recipe?
Mulan Viewing Party Recipes
Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Green Milk
Disney Parks Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas
50’s Prime Time Cafe Peanut Butter n’ Jelly Milkshake
Star Wars Blue Milk Recipe – Bring Batuu to You!
Pluto Snack and Activity Time
DIY Dole Whip
Green Smoothie of Te Fiti
Dietitian’s Favorite Disney Family Recipes