Ok I know it’s been Halloween post after Halloween post these days, but now there’s another holiday coming up that we have news on! I am excited to report that twinkling lights, festive décor, and magical celebrations will fill Magic Kingdom Park during “Disney Very Merriest After Hours” which will take place on 24 select nights November 8 through December 21 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.! This holiday season at Magic Kingdom will be even more special because it just so happens to be the same time we are all celebrating Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary!
The event dates are as follows:
November: 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 28, 30
December: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21
Tickets for the magical holiday event will go on sale in just a week on Friday, August 20! Tickets will range from $169 to $229 (plus tax) for select November-December nights and $249, (plus tax) on December 19 and 21. If you are an Annual Passholder or Disney Vacation Club Member, you can take advantage of a $10 discount on select event dates in November. Please note that these dated event tickets do not require an additional day theme park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation.
Per the Disney Parks Blog, ” “Disney Very Merriest After Hours” will include the nighttime spectacular “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks” and the special holiday-themed parade “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.” That’s right, a parade! Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will be joined by pals from Disney’s “Frozen” and many other favorite Disney characters including the very popular Toy Soldiers. This festive parade will, of course, also feature Santa Claus himself!”
I think we can all agree that going to the Disney Parks during the holiday season makes Christmas extra special and we absolutely can not wait to get into the holiday spirit with everything Disney has in store for us!
“Disney Very Merriest After Hours” is a separate-ticketed four hour event which will grant admission to Magic Kingdom Park as early as 7 p.m., giving you more time to enjoy some of your favorite Magic Kingdom attractions. And that’s not all Insiders! You can also take in EARidescent magic that will be part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” from the brand-new fireworks spectacular “Disney Enchantment” to the transformation of Cinderella Castle into a “Beacon of Magic.” What a grand and extra special way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World!
Here are additional details of what you can experience during this limited-capacity, separately ticketed event (per the Disney Parks Blog):
- Holiday attraction overlays are also making a comeback! The Jungle Cruise transforms into the Jingle Cruise, and Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor will get new jokes perfect for this joyful season.
- After the park closes to day guests, enjoy less time waiting in line for more than 20 attractions including favorites like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, The Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight, Space Mountain and more.
- Sightings of Disney characters throughout the park all dressed in their holiday best.
- While you are walking down Main Street, U.S.A. be sure to look up to the sky, you might catch some magical snowfall!
- Dance and boogie the night away at themed Club Tinsel dance party in Tomorrowland.
- Enjoy complimentary snacks like ice cream novelties and popcorn, seasonal treats and select bottled beverages.
- Specialty holiday food and drinks will also be available for purchase.
- Disney PhotoPass will offer holiday magic shots throughout the night.
So what do you think Insiders, are you ready to start planning your holidays at Walt Disney World?!
Here at the Kingdom Insider we have plenty of resources for you just a click away! We have an incredible team of dedicated Disney experts and Travel Planners at Academy Travel who are ready to help you plan out every detail of your vacation so you don’t have to worry!