I think most of us can agree that when Disney bought Pixar back in 2006 it was one of the best things to ever happen! Disney Pixar films have brought so much joy and happiness to people all around the world, and it just seems like every film they give us brings tears, laughter, new characters to love, and so much more! Last year, Pixar Fest was introduced as an opportunity to celebrate the animation studio that has brought fans around the world together with some of the most iconic moments in filmmaking history. Now, Pixar Fest is back and we get to celebrate for an entire month! It kicked off on Sept. 1, with weekly activities, digital activations, a Disney+ virtual film festival, product launches, and more.
Per the Disney Parks Blog:
This year, Disney also announced that we have teamed up with Starlight Children’s Foundation to design Pixar-themed Starlight Hospital Wear inspired by iconic Pixar movies: “Toy Story,” “The Incredibles,” and “Up.” Each hospital gown will include an interactive QR code that patients can scan on their phones for special Pixar content. Additionally, Starlight and Disney will bring Pixar-themed toy deliveries to pediatric patients all month long, and children’s hospitals and pediatric facilities nationwide will host special Pixar Fest events for their patients filled with activities, movie screenings, and more.
This is incredibly sweet and inspirational and such an awesome way to get kids that are hospitalized involved in the celebrations! Check out some of the designs below, and for more information on this heartfelt collaboration visit starlight.org/disney.
Here are 6 different ways you can join the Pixar Fest celebrations:
- It’s time for Pixar movie nights! Fans are encouraged to tune into Disney+ and enjoy their favorite Pixar movies each week. Check out the full film festival schedule below, and let us know which film you’re most excited to watch in the comments! I’m most excited for Coco and Ratatouille!
2. Follow along #PixarFest and join top content creators including Harry Shum Jr., Phil Wright, Williams Family, Merrick Hanna, and McKenzi Brooke in the first-ever Pixar-inspired challenge across TikTok and Instagram Reels, by recreating favorite character poses themed to each week’s dedicated film. Grab your favorite Pixar merch and put your thinking cap on.
3. Want to get outdoors and enjoy the last few weeks of summer? Pixar Putt, the ultimate open-air mini-golf popup experience inspired by Pixar, is in full swing, offering New York City-based guests the opportunity to play 18 interactive holes inspired by “Toy Story,” “The Incredibles,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Finding Nemo,” “Coco,” “A Bug’s Life,” “WALL•E,” “Inside Out,” “Cars” and “Luca.” If New York is just too far away from you, Pixar Putt will be making its rounds nationwide throughout the coming months, so stay tuned for updates!
4. Per the Disney Parks Blog, “You can enter for a chance to win a #PixarFest prize bundle by ‘liking’ the sweepstakes post on @DisneyMovieInsiders Instagram page, comment with #PixarFestSweepstakes, and follow us @disneyparksblog by 10/2/21. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter Sweepstakes between 8/29/21 at 9:00 a.m. PT and 10/2/21 at 11:59 p.m. PT; conducted as 5 separate sweepstakes. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., who are 18+ at time of entry. Limit 1 entry per person per period. See Official Rules https://pixarfestsweepstakes.com/ for full details on how to enter, eligibility requirements, entry periods, odds of winning, prize descriptions and limitations. Void where prohibited.”
5. Ok Insiders, have you ever played on the app, Disney Emoji Blitz? If not it’s something you should download asap, but beware because it can get a bit addicting! “To kick off festivities, compete in the Pixar Food Fight event on September 7 featuring Emojis from Disney and Pixar’s “Onward,” “Soul,” and “Luca”! Log in September 8-12 to join the brand-new Pixar Celebration Item Card Event featuring The Manticore, Rainbow Unicorn, Edna, Syndrome, Alpha, and Kevin Emojis. Unlock a brand-new Emoji Headphones Dug inspired by Disney and Pixar’s new Disney+ series, “Dug Days.” Disney Emoji Blitz rounds out Pixar Fest with one FREE gift when you log in September 13. Download Disney Emoji Blitz now for free with in-app purchases on the App Store and Google Play.”
6. And last but definitely not least, you can shop all-new products inspired by your favorite Pixar characters from Woody to Dug, and everyone in between!
What better way to celebrate Pixar Fest than with Sheriff Woody himself?! When Woody’s talk button is activated he will recite his famous 1950’s “Woody’s Roundup” catchphrases. The figure is available now at Target. Yee hawww!
Two words…Edna Mode. She’s an icon, an artist, a visionary, and a friend to the fashion elite. Famed around the globe for her distinctive sense of style and design, Edna Mode from “The Incredibles” has become synonymous for her work with the world’s most powerful Supers. Fashionistas all over will be so excited for this new four-piece line-up that includes a multi-tasking face palette, a soft-matte lip shadow, and a duo of ultra-creamy gel liners.
You can check other super fun Pixar merchandise at the Disney Parks Blog here!
How will you join in on celebrating Pixar Fest?!