Splash Mountain at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Closing on Jan. 10
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay, it might be a sad day for guests at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland come Jan. 10. This attraction at both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland will be closing down, and the closures are leading many Disney fans to wonder if this is finally the time when the attraction will get its “Princess and the Frog” makeover. While we all have seen the sneak peek drawings of what the attraction will look like, no official date has been announced for the reimagining of this attraction, so could 2022 finally be the year?
Those who love Splash Mountain the way it is will be relieved to find out that the attraction at both the California and Florida theme parks will only be closing down for standard routine maintenance (still no word on when “Princesses and the Frog” construction will begin). This is usually the time of year when certain attractions will start shutting down for refurbishment as the holiday crowds disperse and it’s non-peak season until about spring break time. The Disneyland website states that Splash Mountain will reopen in the spring, while the attraction will reopen at Magic Kingdom on Feb. 10.
Other attractions that will be closed down at Disneyland Park:
- Star Wars Launch Bay closed for refurbishment with no reopening date
- Disneyland Monorail closed Jan. 24 for refurbishment with no reopening date
- Tarzan’s Treehouse closed for refurbishment with no reopening date
- Haunted Mansion closed Jan. 10-Jan. 20 for refurbishment
- “it’s a small world” closed Jan. 24-Feb. 3 for refurbishment
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage closed for refurbishment and to reopen sometime this winter
- Sailing Ship Columbia closed for refurbishment with no reopening date
Walt Disney World attractions that will also be closing down for refurbishments this year include:
- Walt Disney World Railroad closed for refurbishment and Tomorrowland construction (Magic Kingdom)
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular has no return date announced (Hollywood Studios)
- Expedition Everest closed Jan. 4 through mid-April 2022 for refurbishment
- The Disney Skyliner closed for refurbishment Jan. 23-28