Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at the Disneyland Resort on May 31st! Guest will finally be ‘invited to step into the Star Wars universe for the very first time and live your own Star Wars adventures.”
To assist guests and make their journey smoother, the Disney Parks Blog has a few suggestions!
“1. Reservations are required to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. If visiting during this time, valid theme park admission and a reservation are needed to enter the new land at Disneyland park. If you have a reservation, you may check in at Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland up to 2 hours prior to your reservation start time, and go to the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge entrance as directed when your reservation begins. When you check in, please bring your reservation confirmation (including QR code), government-issued ID and all members of your party listed on the reservation. At this time, general reservations are no longer available on Disneyland.com.
2. You can still get a reservation to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel between May 31 and June 23*. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels between May 31 and June 23 will receive a designated reservation to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest; valid theme park admission required). Hotel guests will be notified of their reservation date and time with their registration confirmation. You may book a stay at Disneyland.com/Hotels or call (714) 520-5060. If the hotel reservation is cancelled, the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservation will be cancelled.
3. No standby line will be available to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. Only guests with reservations will be able to access the land during this time.*
4. If you plan on visiting opening day, May 31, there is no need for guests with Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservations to arrive early because of the reservation system we have in place. You can begin to check in two hours prior to your reservation start time. You may begin parking at select theme park parking lots at midnight.
5. Reservations will no longer be required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after June 23. As needed, to manage demand, Disneyland Resort will implement a virtual queueing system to visit the new land so you can enjoy the rest of the resort while waiting to visit Batuu. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Status and Access, available from the main page, on which you can request to join a boarding group to visit the land, once you have entered the park. Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the land and they can monitor status of boarding groups from the app. There will also be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland park, if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission media that will be scanned upon entry into the land. Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status. Admission into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the land.
6. The current Disneyland Resort costume policy will be in effect in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older. Appropriate Disney bounding – dressing in outfits inspired by favorite characters – is permitted.
7. Download the official Disneyland mobile app to plan ahead and make the most of your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The Disneyland app** allows you to check the attraction wait time, locate character encounters and even utilize the mobile ordering feature at select dining locations when you are in the new land.
8. Prepare for your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by downloading the Play Disney Parks mobile app in advance of your arrival. The Play Disney Parks app** allows you to deepen your engagement with the land and interact with the world around you on the planet Batuu. Should you choose to engage through the app, you will be able to interact with droids, translate Aurebesh, scan cargo crates and other containers to collect virtual items, and more.
9. Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, our goal is to provide a great guest experience. For example, while you are in the queue at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, you will have the ability to purchase snacks, utilize a continued process to visit the restroom, enjoy cast interactions, and also engage with an in-queue game while using the Play Disney Parks mobile app to make wait times fun, interactive and enjoyable.”
Please make sure to follow all the rules and regulations to get the most out of your time in the Disneyland Park and the Galaxy’s Edge area.
It’s an exciting time for those of you lucky enough to have reservations! Remember to have fun and may the force be with you!
This content was originally published on on the Disney Parks Blog. The Kingdom Insider takes no responsibility for errors in syndicated content.