Walt Disney World was recently slapped with two new lawsuits. According to the lawsuits, two Florida residents are suing the theme park, claiming they said they were injured when a collision occurred on the PeopleMover. These were two separate collisions that occurred within days of each other, back in 2018.
Stacy Burdick, of Pasco County, and Eric Cintron, of Broward County, filed separate lawsuits last week in Orange Circuit Court. Each of them is seeking more than $30,000.
Burdick’s collision was the first to take place, happening on June 23, 2018. Her lawyer said that his client was facing the rear of the tram when the PeopleMover unexpectedly stopped early into the ride and then unexpectedly restarted again. He also added, “The tram in front of her remained stationary, the two trams collided, and Stacy was seriously injured. Because of the malfunction in the ride, Stacy had to have spinal surgery and her life has been turned upside down.”
According to the second lawsuit, Eric Cintron claims he was injured on June 27, 2018, similar to the way the Stacy Burdick was. The PeopleMover abruptly stopped and restarted again. His lawsuit, however, does not go into the details of his injuries.
Disney has not commented on the two lawsuits. The Magic Kingdom attractions have been a staple since 1975. In recent years, there have been several situations where the ride has broken down and just a few months ago, smoke was coming from underneath the platform.
Leave a Reply