Yesterday was Grandparents Day, and there’s no better way to celebrate than by inviting them on your next Disney cruise! With activities designed with everyone in mind, there’s no shortage of fun both the young and young-at-heart can enjoy.
Of course, the number one reason grandparents will love being a part of your next vacation is, well, their grandkids! Grandparents always say that seeing their grandchildren’s joy and wonder is their favorite part of a Disney cruise. Here are some of the other reasons grandparents won’t want to pass up an invitation to join your family’s Disney cruise vacation …
1. Family entertainment. With Broadway-style musicals, lively dinner shows, high-energy deck parties and fireworks at sea, there are tons of ways to have fun on board with the grandkids. In D Lounge, game shows like Disney trivia, karaoke nights and dance parties offer more fun activities to enjoy together.
2. Fun in the sun. Poolside, grandparents can have the best of both worlds with the whole family, choosing to relax in one of the comfy lounge chairs or splash around with the kids in one of our pools. They can also take the kids on an adventure to play miniature golf on Goofy’s Sports Deck or ride the exciting AquaDuck water coaster.
3. Time with their adult children. As much fun as grandparents will have with the little ones, they’ll love some adult-only time, too. While the kids are having a blast at one of our youth clubs, you and your parents can enjoy a night on your own to catch up, savor incredible cuisine at Palo or Remy and hang out in the adult nighttime district.
4. Holiday cheer. Nothing makes the holidays more special than spending it with family, but adding in a little Disney magic makes it extra spectacular! Starting in November, our Very Merrytime cruises allow families to enjoy the holidays on the high seas and create new and lasting traditions. From Mickey’s Tree-Lighting Magic to Santa’s Winter Wonderland Ball, grandparents are sure to have a very special holiday trip!
5. Take some time for themselves. Although grandparents love to spoil their grandchildren, sometimes they need to be treated, too! At Quiet Cove Pool, grandparents can relax in this adult-exclusive oasis, giving them a moment to unwind grandchild-free. For an even bigger treat, pamper them with a spa treatment at Senses Spa & Salon! Adjoining staterooms are also a great option to keep them close, while still allowing them their own space after a fun-filled day.
To learn more about what our cruises have to offer for the whole family, click here.
This content was originally published on on the Disney Parks Blog. The Kingdom Insider takes no responsibility for errors in syndicated content.
Wanna go to Disney?
We recommend Academy Travel, a Disney Diamond Earmarked agency. Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Universal Orlando Resort, Sea World and more -- they can do it all, and at no extra cost to you! Fill out the form below or call 609-978-0740 today!