As we continue our countdown to the August 29 official opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we wanted to share a special moment between a young Star Wars fan and her all-time favorite Star Wars character – Chewbacca.
Katie Grace, who turns 3 years old in September, and mom Lauri, landed on the planet Batuu in a galaxy far, far away as part of this week’s early cast member previews of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. While living their Star Wars adventure in the land, Katie came face-to-face with Chewbacca and the two immediately exchanged galactic hugs and even rubbed noses.
Katie Grace’s mother, who is a Disney cast member, captured the encounter on her phone’s camera and was kind enough to share with the Disney Parks Blog. It’s one of many, many unforgettable moments soon to happen when Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida officially opens on August 29.
- VIDEO: Spectacular Bird’s-Eye View of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Droid Depot, Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Accepting Reservations
- Building Batuu: Creating Otherworldly Topography for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Timing for Opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Announced
- Encounter the First Order and Heroes of the Resistance During Your Visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
This content was originally published on on the Disney Parks Blog. The Kingdom Insider takes no responsibility for errors in syndicated content.
Want to go on vacation?
We recommend Academy Travel, a Disney Diamond Earmarked agency. Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Universal Orlando Resort, Sea World and more -- they can do it all, and at no extra cost to you! Fill out the form below or call 609-978-0740 today!