Feature Photo Credit: Instagram @enteringorlando
Imagine a roller coaster where you get to choose your own song and be the star of your very own music video. That’s what Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at Universal Orlando Resort is ALL about.
As you strap in, you pick the theme song of your coaster journey. Whether you choose to sing along or scream along as you top out at 65 mph… well, that’s up to you.
I vividly remember the days the track started to be built near the Music Plaza stage in Universal Studios Florida. At the time, I worked at a ride close to what would become the entrance to Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. The second the non-inverting loop was up, I knew this was about to be my new favorite coaster. I even ended up assisting people make music videos when I went to work on the ride!
Here is the complete guide to all the maneuvers, details, and fun facts about Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. Let’s hit it…. Hasta!
This ride is not just your average roller coaster. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit takes you on a high-energy, customized production shoot. You actually become the star of your very own music video with a playlist that lets you choose the song to rock out to. There are even cameras along the way to capture all the twists and turns.
You can select a song from a touchpad mounted right into your seat where you can choose the genre you prefer: Classic Rock/Metal, Rap/Hip-Hop, Club/Electronica, Pop/Disco, or Country.
BONUS: There’s even a hidden playlist on the ride. You can access a secret collection of songs by pressing and holding down on the ride logo for several seconds. This will display a screen where you can enter a secret code to play a wide variety of songs.
As you strap in, quickly choose a song from your favorite genre. (Be sure to do this the second you sit down because once you take off the ride will choose for you!). Then, you’ll climb straight up toward the sky (like a rocket) at a true 90-degree angle all the way to a height of 167 feet, towering over Universal Studios Florida before tackling the first drop.
The drop pulls you into a loop that creates an illusion that you’re going upside down, but you never really do!
The coaster speeds up to 65 mph with a track length of 3,839 feet. Hang on tight as you get to do a few really innovative ride maneuvers. Each maneuver is even named after something in the music industry — my personal favorite is the Treble Clef. This is the moment you’ll want to prepare to take your photo as you zoom through a building before spiraling up in the air to resemble the treble clef symbol!
Another one of my favorites is the Crowd Surfer — the best part of a concert, am I right? This maneuver banks above the ride queue so you can quickly let out a cheer for those preparing to make their own music video.
Here’s a list of all the maneuvers you’ll encounter…
- Double Take (non-inverting loop)
- Treble Clef (shaped like the famous music symbol)
- Jump Cut (side-to-side spiraling negative gravity)
- Crowd Surfer (overbanked turn above queue)
- Drop Tuning (underground chasm)
- Plot Twist (inclined loop)
- Chorus (high speed ground turns and one last jump)
- Height requirement: 51″ (129.5 cm)
- You will need a locker for this ride
- Child Swap is available upon request
- Universal Express Pass is available
- Single Rider is available
- You will experience 4.18 g-forces, which is more than the average 3gs an astronaut experiences during lift-off.
- This coaster is 17 stories tall! (That’s taller than the floor I live on in my condo!)
- The height of 167 feet makes it the tallest coaster at Universal Orlando Resort, as well as in Orlando overall.
- I mentioned this earlier and you might still ask yourself, are you sure this ride doesn’t go upside down? It really seems like it does, but it has an inverted loop, so you never actually do!
- Speaking of that loop, the ride broke records when it opened for having the world’s first non-inverting loop at 136 feet high.
- Not only is there a photo of you taken on this ride, but you can also purchase the personalized music video of your experience.
Which song will you choose? Let us know in the comments!
Prepare for your next visit to Universal Orlando Resort by signing up to receive the latest news and stories from Universal Orlando Resort, as well as the latest offers for park tickets, hotel stays, and vacation packages.