Below are some of the changes taking place during the phased opening. These changes have been set in place for the health and safety of your clients as well as Cast Members. Please keep in mind these changes are temporary.
Guests will be required to make reservations through the My Disney Experience App for park entry. It will be one park per day, no more park hopper. Reservations for the theme parks will be a first come first serve basis.
- Guests can leave the park and return to the same park
- Existing Fastpass+ has been canceled, and the entire Fastpass+ system has been temporarily suspended
- Limited Park Hours
- No Magic Hours
- Water parks closed until further notice
- Cast members will not be permitted to take photos using a guest’s camera
- Memory Maker is not available until further notice
- All Dining and Fast Pass reservations previously booked will be canceled
- This includes Dining at Disney Springs
- Guests will be able to make Dining Reservations 60 days prior to check-in.
- No Dining Plans until further notice
- Guests that have a Dining Plan on their reservation that they paid for will be getting a refund
- Guests that have a Free Dining Plan will be offered the option to cancel their trip or receive a 35% discount.
- Guests who are booked and still traveling will automatically have their reservations modified to a resort of equal or better value based on the resorts that are open. They will not be charged for the upgrade.
- If they modify on their own or want to change the resort, they will be charged full price
- Hotel only stays are permitted for use of the hotel and Disney Springs
- Guests traveling together will be placed in the same resort as long as you have a “travel with” noted on all reservations.
- Pools will be open with social distancing guidelines implemented
- Guests arriving 6/22 through 7/10 will still be permitted to check-in however they will not have park access.
- Parades, Character Greetings, and Fireworks are canceled until further notice
- No information on Magical Express at this time due to Government Guidelines for Airports
As time passes and we move forward, we will see these changes removed and eventually find ourselves back the Magic as we know and love it. While your experience will be different, please know that Disney is doing all they can to provide the most Magical experience possible during this time.
For Disney’s official announcement, click here.