The excitement for this year’s Universal Halloween Horror Nights has been growing more fierce amongst fans daily as we draw nearer to the first Horror Nights of the season, this Friday, Sept.1. While many of us are looking forward to all the haunted houses and scare zones, the themed eats and treats are another thing to look forward to. Universal just released their menu for this year, and it is a killer menu!
This year’s delectable menu was created by Universal Orlando’s award-winning executive chefs and culinary team and delivers the most expansive selection in Halloween Horror Nights history. As you navigate the world’s premier Halloween event, you will satiate your appetite with Halloween-inspired cuisine along with specialty items themed after the terrifying experiences invading this year’s event. Highlights will include the “Save Your Tears” signature cocktail inspired by “The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare,” the “Maggot Covered Cheese Dog” (now that’s a terrifying name!) inspired by the “Bugs: Eaten Alive” original haunted house, and Halloween Horror Nights staples like Pizza Fries, Twisted Taters and more.
You will also be able to savor delicious delights that include the annual “must-eats” and appetizing, photo-worthy dishes created exclusively for the event. This year’s selection also includes various gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options – so there’s something for every palate. Here is a complete list of everything else you can expect to see at this Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando:
- Major Sweets Ice Cream Sandwich (inspired by “Sweet Revenge” scare zone): Candy-corn sugar cookies filled with sweet corn ice cream (vegetarian)
- Maggot Covered Cheese Dog (inspired by “Bugs: Eaten Alive” original haunted house): A Korean-style hot dog with fresh mozzarella, rolled in puffed rice, topped with gochujang drizzle and black sesame seeds
- Save Your Tears Signature Cocktail (inspired by “The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare” haunted house): This signature drink mixes bourbon, peach brandy, single-pressed lemon juice, agave nectar, and bitters – topped with peach bursting boba and served in a souvenir cup.
- Lil’ Boo’s Spicy Pumpkin Bun (inspired by “Horrors of Halloween” scare zone): A steamed bun filled with spicy butternut squash influenced by the beloved Halloween Horror Nights character (vegetarian)
- Garlic Philly Cheese “Stake”: Tender shaved beef served on a black hoagie slider roll with caramelized onions, peppers, sautéed mushrooms, muenster cheese sauce, and roasted garlic aioli
- Burning Skull: Includes tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, mango nectar, pineapple juice, smoked chili bitters, jalapeno, and basil concentrate, shaken and served in a light-up molded skull cup.
- Día de los Muertos themed items: Includes offerings inspired by Latin flavors such as Tamales Día de los Muertos(gluten-free) – pork tamales topped with red mole sauce and cotija cheese; and Roasted Sweet Potato & Mushroom Street Tacos (vegan and gluten-free) – roasted sweet potato and mushroom tacos topped with onions, vegan crumbled cheese, and cilantro; also served with birria consommé
- Fried Zombie Brains: Fried cauliflower florets tossed in spicy gochujang sauce and garnished with toasted sesame seeds and scallions (vegan)
- Petrified Rat Tails: Funnel fries with creamy crab dip, sliced scallions, and seasoned with herbs and spices
- Tombstone Red Velvet Cake Pop: A red velvet cake pop coated in buttercream on a bed of crushed chocolate cookie crumbs and garnished with white chocolate bones (vegetarian)
- Pizza Skull: Pepperoni and cheese stuffed skulls served with a marinara dipping sauce
- Returning fan-favorites:
- Pizza Fries: Fries piled high with sausage, pepperoni, marinara sauce, and loads of cheese. Also available this year are Vegan Pizza Fries – topped with marinara sauce, vegan cheese, vegan pepperoni, and vegan sausage crumbles.
- S’mores Fries: Sweet potato fries drizzled with melted chocolate, graham cracker crumbs, and marshmallows
- Traditional Twisted Taters (vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options): Fried spiralized ribbon potato thinly sliced and skewered with season salt, garlic parmesan, sour cream & chives, or ghost pepper seasoning options. Guests can also enjoy the variations Blood ‘n Guts Twisted Tater – smothered with chili and roasted red pepper queso; and Fiery Twisted Tater with Queso (vegetarian) – complete with white cheese sauce and sprinkled with flaming hot crunchy cheese puffs, and ghost pepper seasoning.
If you are not able to attend Halloween Horror Nights this year or just want more food and treat options, the CityWalk and Universal’s hotels will also have some terrifyingly amazing Halloween-themed items!
At Universal CityWalk, indulge in the new Black Magic Milkshake (gluten-free) at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen, featuring pumpkin dulce de leche ice cream with a hazelnut-and-tombstone-sprinkled rim – topped with a cauldron filled with gummy “severed body parts” over whipped flames. Also, the Red Coconut Club will transform into the Dead Coconut Club this fall as it dons a new theme and menu highlighting the Universal Monsters.
All eight Universal hotels will offer Universal Monsters-themed drinks, including The Mummy (vodka, blueberry-flavored energy drink, blue Caribbean liqueur, simple syrup, and lemon juice), The Wolf Man (whiskey, black raspberry-flavored liquor, and pineapple juice), and Dracula (tequila and Bloody Mary mix garnished with olives and celery). And, for the first time, the Sunset Lounge at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites will become a Halloween paradise featuring a unique mix of décor that blends traditional Halloween and tropical beach items.
Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday, and I am so excited about all these themed food and treats! No announcement has been made yet for the food and treats coming to Universal Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights, so stay tuned!
Are You Ready to Book Your Next Vacation Today?
Be sure to call your Academy Travel agent today for more information and help with booking your next vacation! Because here at The Kingdom Insider, we have plenty of resources for you, just a click away! We have an incredible team of dedicated Disney experts and Travel Planners at Academy Travel. They are ready to help you plan out every detail of your vacation, so you don’t have to worry! Call Your Travel Agent to Book, find a travel agent here, or visit AcademyTravel.com