Here’s everything we know so far, regarding Disney’s reservation system. Including, its official name, Disney’s Park Pass System. Disney has confirmed that the Park Pass System will be used through at least 2021.
Guests must link their resort reservations and park tickets in My Disney Experience (MDE). This will enable guests to access Disney’s Park reservation booking system. Here are the 3 steps in successfully preparing your MDE account;
- Register or sign in to My Disney Experience- Guests must sign in using a Disney account, or create one. Then, immediately, create their friends and family list.
- Link reservations, tickets, or passes- Guests must link valid admission in order to access the Disney’s Park Pass System.
- Book Park Reservations- IMMEDIATELY after purchasing tickets, guests must book park reservations for each day they plan to visit a park. Disney is STRONGLY encouraging guests to make their park reservations as soon as they’ve booked their vacation.
Timeline for Disney’s Park Pass System
Below are the following dates for when guests will be able to make their Disney Park reservations through the new Park Pass System;
June 22– 2020 Disney Resort guests with tickets and guests staying at official hotels of the Walt Disney World Resort
June 24– 2021 Disney Resort packages will become available to book. From this point on, guests who book for 2021 can make their park reservations through Sept. 26, 2021.
June 26– Annual Passholders may now book their park reservations
June 28– Guests with existing tickets
3 Steps to Making Park Reservations
- Know Before You Go- Check Disney’s website for current operating conditions and safety guidelines, which may evolve over time.
- Check Availability- Prior to purchasing a ticket, verify that the desired park is available for the desired date.
- Buy & Reserve- Guests MUST book park reservations immediately after purchasing tickets. Park reservations are subject to change.
The Disney Park Pass System How-To
- Access the Park Pass System through the My Disney Experience drop-down menu.
- Click the “MAKE A PARK RESERVATION” button.
- Create your Travel Party- You will select guests in your travel party, then click the “continue” button.
- Select Desired Park
- Select a Time (the time will be the hours of operation for that specific park).
- Review and Confirm- Guests will be asked to review the details of their park reservations, and agree to the terms and conditions. Once they do both of those, guests will click the “CONFIRM” button.
- Guests will then be able to view their recently made reservations, and you may repeat as necessary for the next day of your trip.
Park Hopping, Dining, and Other Experiences
- Park hopping is indefinitely suspended
- When Disney begins selling 2021 vacations, park-hopping will be included in tickets
- The Disney Dining Plan is temporarily suspended and will be through 2021
- Guests can book dining for their upcoming stay, 60 days from their check-in date
- VIP Tours will resume in Augusts (TBD)
- Guests will still be required to have a valid theme park admission for their VIP Tour and will have to already have a theme park reservation prior to going to the park with their tour guide.
- The Bibbi Bobbi Boutique remains indefinitely suspended
- Dinner Shows are also canceled until further notice
- Memory Maker will resume in August (TBD)
- For a complete, official list from Disney of everything that’s canceled, click here.
- Guests must have a Disney account in order to access My Disney Experience and book park reservations. The Disney account to access MDE, is also the same account you would use to sign into Disney+.
- Each guest ages 3 and up MUST have a valid park admission and a park reservation for the day they wish to visit. Ages 0-2 will not require a park reservation for entry.
- A guest can book park reservations for their entire travel party, as long as they are of the same affiliation.
- Park reservations for travel party members who are not of the same affiliation must be booked in separate transactions. An example of this would be, if you were a Passholder and the others in your party had regular park tickets. Your passholder park reservation would be made in a separate transaction than others in your party.
- Guests must book park reservations for each day they wish to visit a park during their length of stay.
- Guests can book up to 12 people at once when making park reservations in the Park Pass System.
- Holidays- Guests will be able to see the availability of park prior to a booking
- Guests must book their own Park Reservations due to COVID 19 Liability Waiver, anyone with the Walt Disney Company or travel agency may not book your reservation.
- Purchase of a ticket does not guarantee park entry, you must have a park reservation
- Guests can arrive any time to the theme park on their reserved park day
- Guests can leave and return to the same park
- Maximum number of park days that can be booked is the length of the ticket
- Annual pass holders with resort reservation can book for the length of stay
- Annual pass holders without resort reservation can book 2 days
- Modifications can be made thru Disney Experience App
- Family members can be removed from park entry if they can’t make it
- Once a $200.00 deposit has been made, the Park Reservation System process can begin