Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando has already begun, and the Horror Nights in Hollywood is about to start on Sept. 8! There are so many haunted houses to explore, scare zones to survive, and food and treats to try throughout the night. With all the screaming, fog creeping through the darkness, and monsters around every corner, it can get a bit overwhelming how to decide how best to navigate your night and get through all, especially if you have a standard ticket. Here are some tips to help you plan your night at Halloween Horror Nights, whether you are attending the event in Orlando or Hollywood!
TOP TIPS TO EXPERIENCE UNIVERSAL HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS
- Purchase tickets in advance, as some event nights are already sold out.
- If you’re looking for fewer crowds, consider visiting on weeknights or early September.
- The best way to experience Halloween Horror Nights is to stay at a Universal hotel in Orlando or an off-site hotel within walking distance in Hollywood. Orlando hotel guests receive exclusive benefits like getting to the scares faster with access to a dedicated entry gate for the event and more. Reach out to an Academy Travel Agent for more information!
- Keep the nightmares going with a selection of Frequent Fear Pass options that include the opportunity to experience the scares again and again.
- Take advantage of event upgrades to take the fear to the next level, including the guided Halloween Horror Nights R.I.P. Tour, which provides front-of-the-line access to all haunted houses.
- The Halloween Horror Nights Express Pass is available in Orlando, which allows guests to skip the regular lines one time at all haunted houses, plus at participating rides and attractions.
- Another way to get to the scares faster is with a Scream Early Ticket. These ticket holders can access Universal Studios Florida at 3 p.m. to enjoy the theme park’s thrilling experiences. Then at 5 p.m., guests are placed in reserved Stay & Scream areas – so they’re already in the park when Halloween Horror Nights open that evening. The Halloween Horror Nights After 2 p.m. Day/Night Universal Express ticket for the Hollywood location allows guests entry at 2 p.m. with the same perks.
- Download the Official Universal Orlando and Hollywood Resort App for maps, wait times, show times, and more. The Orlando app also features a new Halloween Horror Nights Trivia game where guests race against the clock (and other players) coast-to-coast in an interactive, multi-level mobile experience inspired by some of this year’s haunts.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes! I am a flip-flops girl all day every day, but you do not want your toes stepped on or stubbed as you will be running and most likely tripping your way through haunted mazes and scare zones!
- Drink plenty of water; bring lozenges if you are a screamer (trust, after hours of screaming your throat will most likely be sore!); wear comfortable clothing; pack light, you don’t want to be weighed down while running).
And most importantly, have some killer fun!
Are You Ready to Book Your Next Vacation Today?
Be sure to call your Academy Travel agent today for more information and help with booking your next vacation! Because here at The Kingdom Insider, we have plenty of resources for you, just a click away! We have an incredible team of dedicated Universal experts and Travel Planners at Academy Travel. They are ready to help you plan out every detail of your vacation, so you don’t have to worry! Call Your Travel Agent to Book, find a travel agent here, or visit AcademyTravel.com