Have you ever taken a Disney cruise? Maybe you’ve cruised with other lines, and wondered “what sets Disney apart?” As someone who has traveled with 2 other cruise lines, I kept a running list of “Disney Differences” that I noticed throughout my trip! Disney really strives to make your experience personal in every way possible. They truly do cater to your needs, and that certainly doesn’t go unnoticed! Here are the most notable differences:
- All aboard! When you step onto a Disney Cruise Ship, cast members will announce your arrival BY NAME and cheer as you embark! You will even get to wave hello to Captain Mickey! (It doesn’t get much more personalized than that!)
- While Cabanas is a self-serve buffet-style dining experience, the wait staff is still eagerly around to assist whenever you need them. I saw trolley carts going around tables endlessly refilling drinks, offering condiments, taking dirty dishes, etc.
- Soda is included in your cruise price! This might be one of the biggest perks of Disney Cruise Line! With other cruise companies, you have to purchase a soda package onboard or resort to drinking water, tea, and lemonade only. Disney includes all soda products so that you can drink & refill your sodas endlessly for no additional fee!
- Guests have the opportunity to dine in three different restaurants on board, while still having that fun relationship with your waiters! With rotational dining, you will get to experience three different ambiances for dinner! On the Disney Dream, you will dine in Animators Palate, Enchanted Garden, and the Royal Palace restaurants! As you rotate each night, your waiters rotate with you!
- Disney ships have movie theaters onboard showing recently popular films AND newly released films that are still in theaters! You can also stop by Preludes for popcorn, candy & beverages right outside the theatre! (Preludes is an extra cost, movies are free!)
- Many staterooms have two separate sections of the bathroom! One door holds a toilet and sink, while the other has a bathtub and sink! Most staterooms have a bathtub for easily bathing your children! These separated bathroom/shower combo rooms are great for those sharing a stateroom with multiple guests!
- Be sure to slide open your desktop drawer! Disney has complimentary stationery and postcards inside for you to send to your friends & family back home!
- Conservation is a high priority on Disney Cruise Line! In fact, you have to slide your “Key to the World” Card into the little slot on the inside of your door in order to activate the lights in your stateroom! This means, no one can leave lights on when they are not in their room, allowing Disney to conserve electricity and energy!
- Do you like to pin trade in the Disney Parks? You’re in luck! You can pin trade at sea with Disney Cruise line; some guests even plan meetups or hang pinboards on their stateroom doors for trading!
- We can’t say goodnight before the fireworks at sea! On one or more nights of your voyage (typically on pirate night), you can head to the upper decks to watch Disney Fireworks at Sea! How cool is that?
- You can meet your favorite Disney characters for photos, of course! Mickey, Minnie, Donald Daisy, Pluto, Goofy, and Chip & Dale were all onboard our ship! We got to see many princesses, as well!
For a seasoned cruiser like myself, these were the biggest takeaways I noticed while sailing aboard the Disney Dream! Have questions about a Disney cruise? Want to talk to an expert? Reach out to an Academy Travel Agent by clicking right HERE!