We’re always looking for ways to keep things cheerful in our home, aren’t you? So we’ve started to put together a story time complete with a snack, activity, story and show featuring our favorite Disney Characters. It’s kept the magic alive while staying home and brings the family together for some fun! Can you guess who today’s character is? Here’s a hint: he’s part of the “Fab Five” and has stolen our hearts without ever speaking a word. It’s Pluto, of course! We dedicate this Disney Snack and Activity time to Mickey’s precious pup, Pluto.
First, we’ll prepare a healthy Disney Snack-tivity. These “Disney Snacktivities,” as we call them, are tasty good-for-you treats that are so easy, even the kids can join in on the prep. As a Dietitian, I love finding fun ways that engage my kids in healthy eating. Check out our Pluto-themed Snacktivity below!
Pluto’s Frozen Yogurt Bark
- 2 Cups plain yogurt (Vanilla or flavored yogurt is great to use too! You can skip the below ingredients if you’re using this variety)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract + 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- Pinch of Salt
- 2/3 cup cubed frozen or fresh mango (No mango? Try orange or clementine segments instead)
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Mix plain yogurt, vanilla, sweetener of choice, and your pinch of salt in a bowl and set aside (skip this step if using pre-flavored/sweetened yogurt). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the yogurt to the baking sheet and smooth evenly to a flat surface.
- Arrange mango or fruit segments in the shape of a dog bone and repeat two more times. Press each segment firmly down onto baking sheet to secure in place.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Freeze upright on a flat surface in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Break into pieces, serve, and enjoy! Store leftovers in freezer.
How cute is that? No sharps needed for this simple snacktivity, so my kids absolutely loved being involved and shaping their Pluto Bones. It was a delicious and nutritious treat! Yogurt is packed with probiotics for healthy tummies, and the boost in fruit provides vitamins and minerals which nourish and protect our bodies!
While we waited for Pluto’s Frozen Yogurt Bark to freeze, we read some of our favorite Mickey and Friends tales featuring our favorite pup for story time. If you’re looking for a short read on Pluto, check out “Why Pluto is Cooler than Your Average Pet” from Oh My Disney!
We also channeled our inner animator to draw Pluto ourselves! Check out this video from Disney Parks. They make it look so easy, don’t they?
Our Pluto Frozen Yogurt Bark treat was ready just in time to enjoy while watching some of our favorite Pluto episodes.
It’s amazing how this little guy with no lines can be so entertaining. He makes us all laugh! Watch Pluto in action below!
We hope you have as much as we did celebrating our favorite dog Pluto! Share your Pluto Frozen Yogurt Bark pictures on our Facebook page- we can’t wait to see all the variations you come up with!
Looking for more fun Disney Snack and Activity ideas? Check out our TKI Disney-inspired recipes below that will help keep the magic alive while at home!