Could we finally be getting some juicy details on what to expect from the new Harry Potter attraction that is taking the place of the Dragon Challenge?
From what can be gleaned from this YouTube video, the new Harry Potter attraction will be much more elaborately themed than the roller coaster it replaced. Expect elements of a dark ride with audio-animatronics, as well as a backwards section (think Expedition Everest) and a possible sudden vertical drop at the end!
Here’s what is being rumored for the newest edition to the Wizarding World in Universal’s Islands of Adventure…
- The ride manufacturer will be Intamin, which has built several notable attractions including Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts and California Screamin’ (soon to be The Incredicoaster)
- The track style is said to be similar to Cheetah Hunt at Bush Gardens Tampa and will feature several launched sections
- The old queue building from Dragon Challenge is remaining, but will be rethemed
- The load and unload areas will use a moving platform, similar to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
- The ride is expected to be themed as the castle grounds at the edge of The Forbidden Forest, and the first scene will be a slow-moving dark ride show scene
- The Weasleys’ flying car is expected to make an appearance
- Hagrid (an animatronic?) is said to be the star of the ride, and part of the attraction will take place in his hut
- After an intense roller coaster scene, we may see another animatronic — Fluffy, the Cerebus
- The coaster is said to feature a backwards section with a track switch similar to Expedition Everest
- The end of the ride will feature an encounter with the vines of Devil’s Snare, and will end with a vertical drop like Verbolton in Bush Gardens
- This is a type of themed coaster experience Universal hasn’t really attempted before, and may be a game changer!
The new Harry Potter coaster is expected to open in Summer of 2019 in Universal Orlando Resort.
Wanna go to Disney?
We recommend Academy Travel, a Disney Platinum Earmarked agency. Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Universal Orlando Resort, Sea World and more -- they can do it all, and at no extra cost to you! Fill out the form below or call 609-978-0740 today!